Excessive capital requirement and myriad of other complexities associated with the discovery of biologics have prompted drug developers to adopt in silico tools / techniques to expedite the discovery timelines
Roots Analysis is pleased to announce the publication of its recent study, titled, “In Silico / Computer-Aided Drug Discovery Services Market: Focus on Large Molecules (Antibodies, Proteins, Peptides, Nucleic Acid, Gene Therapy and Vectors), 2020-2030 (Including Structure Based Drug Discovery, Fragment Based Drug Discovery, Ligand Based Drug Discovery, Target Based Drug Discovery / Multi-Target Drug Design, Interface Based Drug Discovery, Approaches).”
The report features an extensive study on the current landscape and the likely future potential of the companies offering services for the discovery of large molecule drugs based on the use of in silico tools and techniques. The study features an in-depth analysis, highlighting the capabilities of various industry stakeholders. In addition to other elements, the report includes:
· A detailed assessment of the current market landscape of companies offering in silico drug discovery services for large molecules.
· Elaborate profiles of key industry players that offer a wide range of in silico drug discovery services (shortlisted on the basis of the company size).
· A detailed peer group-based benchmarking analysis, comparing the involved players based on several relevant parameters related to company and services.
· An insightful competitiveness analysis featuring a four-dimensional bubble chart, highlighting the key players in this domain.
· A detailed analysis assessing the current opportunity within in silico drug discovery services market.
· A discussion on the various business strategies that can be adopted by in silico drug discovery service providers in order to maintain a competitive edge in this industry.
· An insightful analysis highlighting the cost saving potential associated with the use of in silico approaches in the drug discovery process.
· A case study comparing the key challenges associated with the discovery and production of large molecules.
· Insights from an industry-wide survey, featuring inputs solicited from various experts in this domain.
· A discussion on the upcoming computational approaches that are being adopted for drug discovery purposes.
· A case study highlighting several non-computational methods / technologies used in drug discovery process.
Chapter 1 is an executive summary of the key insights captured in our research. It offers a high-level view on the current state of the in silico services market and its likely evolution in the short-mid term and long term.
Chapter 2 provides an introduction to the overall drug discovery process, including details on the time taken for a drug to traverse from the bench to the market, and the various stages of the drug discovery process. It also provides an overview of various in silico drug discovery approaches, and a detailed classification of computer-aided research tools and techniques. In addition, it features information on the applications of in silico tools across different steps of the drug discovery process, along with details of specific in silico methods / approaches associated with these steps. It also highlights the benefits of the in silico approach and the key challenges associated with carrying out in silico (including CADD) drug discovery research in-house. Finally, the chapter highlights the current preference to outsource such operations, especially for large molecule drugs.
Chapter 3 provides an assessment of the global landscape of the in silico services market. It includes information on over 60 players that are currently engaged in providing such services for discovery of large molecules. It features an in-depth market overview, including information on location of headquarters, employee count, type of business model used (contract service providers, software / technology providers, consulting service providers and training service providers), number of drug discovery step(s) for which the company offers services involving the use of in silico approaches (target identification, target validation, hit generation, hit-to-lead and lead optimization), type of large molecules(s) handled (antibodies (monoclonal antibodies, bispecific antibodies, polyclonal antibodies, ADCs, antibody fragments, single domain antibodies, antisense antibodies and others), proteins (fusion proteins, protein fragments, enzymes and hormones), peptides, cell therapies, gene therapies, vectors, nucleic acids), type of in silico approach used (SBDD, FBDD, TBDD, LBDD and IBDD), type of in silico service(s) offered (virtual screening, molecular docking, molecular modeling, scaffold hopping and 8+ services), and type of clientele served (pharmaceutical / biotechnology companies and academic / research institutes). It also includes the list of various software tools / web applications / technology platforms offered by the in silico service providers for the drug discovery, has been provided.
About Roots Analysis
Roots Analysis is one of the fastest growing market research companies, sharing fresh and independent perspectives in the bio-pharmaceutical industry. The in-depth research, analysis and insights are driven by an experienced leadership team which has gained many years of significant experience in this sector. If you’d like help with your growing business needs, get in touch at [email protected]