QuickBooks is considered a revolutionary software that digitalized the accounting process and helped to reduce human-induced errors. The software can easily manage all the financial tasks of a business and compile them into useful account reports. The software sometimes struggles to connect with the company file that stores the financial data. QuickBooks Error 6144 82 can occur if the file setup is incorrect or the workstations fail to open the file due to network issues. If you are also locked out of your company file due to this error, follow this blog till the end to discover the possible reasons for this error and the methods to rectify it.
If you think the troubleshooting is complex, simplify the process by taking help from a QB support team available at 1-855-856-0042.
This error is triggered by the conditions mentioned underneath-
· The multi-user network is not set up correctly, leading to issues while accessing the company file.
· The Database Server Manager fails to start due to damaged .tlg and .nd files.
· Your company file is no longer readable by software after getting damaged from a malware or virus attack on your PC.
The methods mentioned underneath are useful for dealing with this error-
Solution 1- Scan the .tlg & .nd files in the Database Server Manager after renaming them
The Transaction log(.tlg) and the Network Descriptor(.nd) are vital QuickBooks files used to store the transaction records and initiate the multi-user network whenever someone tries to access the company file. If any of these files are damaged, the multi-user network will be directly affected, and none of the systems will be able to access the company file. Follow the steps given below to recreate the files-
1. Use the file explorer to open the folder containing your QuickBooks files.
2. There will be files with the same name as your company file but extensions .tlg & .nd.
3. Right-click on the file and tap Rename.
4. Type ‘.old’ at the end of the file name.
5. Rename the other file too.
6. Open the QB Tool hub on your PC and click on Network issues.
7. Select QuickBooks Database Server Manager from the drop-down list.
8. Click on Browse and select the QuickBooks folder you recently made changes to.
9. Click Start Scan and wait for the process to finish.
10. Retry accessing the company file in QuickBooks.
If the error still interrupts you, try the next method.
Solution 2- Use the QuickBooks tool hub to repair the company file
You can fix issues in the company file using the QuickBooks Tool hub. The tool scans for any issues in the file & then resolves them automatically. Make sure to download the latest version of QB tool hub and follow the steps below-
1. Open the QuickBooks Tool hub and click on Company file issues.
2. Select Quick fix my file and let the process finish.
3. Open QuickBooks and try to access the company file again.
The issue will be resolved after using the methods mentioned above.
This is the end of our blog that contains the details of QuickBooks Error 6144 82. You are now aware of the conditions that encourage this error and the countermeasures that can fix it. We hope you applied the methods, and the company file error is now gone.
If the error still troubles you while working on QuickBooks, call 1-855-856-0042 and talk to a QB ProAdvisor expert directly.